Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

So This Is Christmas

The holidays started in earnest with Thanksgiving at our house so I haven't had much time to scrap.  But the decorations are up, the shopping is well underway and some gifts are even wrapped.  So last night I took a little bit of time to scrap.  And -- of course -- just to maintain that Christmas spirit -- I chose a photo of our tree last year. 

But I hit a little bump in the road - when I scrap everyday, layouts generally come pretty easily.  But when it's been a few days, I often have a hard time getting started.  So I started looking for a sketch and found this one at Stuck?!


I really liked all the horizontal layers, but I was using one vertical photo.  So I had some work to do.  I cut a number of pieces of patterned paper for layers and just played with them til I came up with my design.

supplies are from November Citrus Twist kits and my stash
I used some tags from the Fancy Pants Christmas collection to add additional layers.  I especially loved the striped one and the way it tied my other papers together.  So I cut the bottom off the tag so I could repeat the pattern on the other side of my layout.  And those red letters from SevenPaper might be one of my favorite alphas ever - but you only get one of each letter which just isn't very practical.  Luckily I had stocked up since it took two packages to spell Christmas. 

I hope your holidays are going well.  Thanks for taking a minute to stop by.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful. Beautiful photo, beautiful layout. Those alphas are nice. I love how you layered with your photo, then tied it all together with the tag. Awesome. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of losing the mojo. This is beautiful. Your layering is spectacular. I'm so happy our sketches inspired you. Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful photo and I love all the layers you used behind the photo. You really made the sketch your own. I love that font you used for the word "Christmas". Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page, love the soft layers! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Julie. I really like the gold details that give light to the page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page and I love that its not over the top Christmas and it doesn't distract from the gorgeous photo. - Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete