Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Two Colors

Mixing patterned papers might be one of my favorite things in the whole world.  But, for me, that usually means 4-5 colors on a layout.  So when I saw a challenge that said "use one color and an accent color" I wondered if I could do it.

I am down to the scraps from my October Citrus Twist kits.  But I had several black and white papers left - and a great teal stripe that I loved and somehow hadn't used.  So game on.......

design inspired by sketch at Stuck?! and 3 to inspire prompts at Citrus Twist Kits

The current sketch at Stuck!? provided a starting point.  They are partnering with Scrap It With A Song - this is a new challenge blog to me.  Scrap It With A Song offers songs as an inspiration point.  This month one of the songs was the Beatles' Octopus Road.  I took inspiration from the context of doing things together and used a picture of my son with his cousin. 

I  ended up really loving the final result (I treated gold as a neutral which might have been cheating....)I think what really made this work was the embellishment clusters which allowed me to add bits of teal to tie in with that striped paper.



































This is the first time I played with thread this way and the gold really popped against the other colors.  And mixing the teal and gold splatters (no layout is done without splatters) tied it together.

So do you mix lots of colors or keep it simple on your projects.  I'd love to see .........

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the colour challenge and the sketch, loving the pops of gold. Please mention Stuck?! Sketches in your post to be eligible for our prizes! So glad you joined us and found inspiration through our sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the patterned paper, and how subtle it is. The gold misting just gives it that extra pop. Oh, I love, love, love the gold thread. It just ties it all in. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the color combo!
    Thanks for take part in our challenge at SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool layout!!!I love this.Thank you for joining us at stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my your layout is beautiful. Love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful, love your creation!
    Thanks to joining us at SIWAS this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Layout ! Love the colours and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue star shining and gold touches... my favorite winter combo!!! I love your work :D Thanks to joining with SIWAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gold accents...especially the thread....beautiful details! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stars and the pops of gold. Fabulous scrapping - thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page ! Love all the gold elements. Thanks for playing with us at Siwas !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love layout, the embellies are great. Thanks for joining us at SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous take of the sketch, Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete