Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Brimfield Is My Favorite

It's no secret - I haven't loved the Studio Calico kits lately.  Far Far Away (back in January I think) was really pretty though there were pieces I struggled with and I really enjoyed Lisse Street (maybe March or April), but the rest of the kits have been challenging for me to use or just totally not my thing.  But Brimfield is a home run!  (Yes I still think the kit should have some more stuff for the price, but it was beautiful and fun to use.) The papers are gorgeous - beautiful color and patterns that are classic and versatile.  It felt like the kits that inspired me to become a subscriber three years ago.


Which made me think - what really makes me love a kit - it's not the stamp (in fact I sold the stamp in this kit.)  I think it is versatility - I made five layouts with the goodies in my September box before I broke it up into my stash.  And I when I look at them they all look unique.

Four of the layouts were in prior blog posts - one is soft and romantic, one features a train and has a little bit of a vintage feel, one is super bright and fun, and the fourth one features soft colors and feels classic.  And the fifth one (at least to me) captures a sense of contentment, mixing bright colors with pastels.

inspired by sketch at Citrus Twist kits
So I'm putting away Brimfield after five layouts - but it was a good one!  (That star transparency is going to end up in a December Daily) In fact if it goes on sale down the road, I will be trying to nab another one.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. Truly inspiring. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brimfield was what got me to re-subscribe after a year and a half away from SC's scrapbook it. (I remained a subscriber to the Project Life kit throughout.) Like you, I adore the colors and the embellishments were so lovely. Great use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete