Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

3 To Inspire

Every Saturday Citrus Twist Twist Kits posts a "3 To Inspire" challenge.  The DT member leading the challenge gives you three prompts that you use together to create a single layout. Last Saturday the prompts were:

1. Create with at least 5 squares. 

2. Use medium (mist, ink, gesso).

3. Layered stickers.
 
So here is what I came up with
 
 
Use 5 squares - I used 4 squares of patterned paper, a square photo and a large square of plain vellum.
 
Use a medium - This was a bit out of my comfort zone.  I used gesso with a mask on that square of plain vellum to create texture behind my photo.  I absolutely loved how this turned out and will repeat the process on other projects.  I also used the gesso and mask to add interest on both sides of the page with the gold crosses.  I also added blue, green and gold ink spatters.
 
Layered stickers - I layered stickers from the Crate Paper Journey collection to create the bottom element in my grid design.  
 
This is one of my favorite layouts in a long time.  I can't wait to see today's challenge.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: