Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Two Layouts with the Same Paper

So I know you are sick of hearing about The Big Purge.  But one incentive for finishing up the project is trying to reduce the amount of time I spend choosing supplies for a layout.  Picking the paper can take longer than actually coming up with a design and putting it together. 

But what happens if you try to get two layouts out of the same papers - I almost never use a whole sheet unless it is a base for the design.  So Friday night I wandered into my scraproom to play and picked two papers.

This pretty pink from the Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Collection - I love the way the pink shades toward peach shades.


And this yellow from Fancy Pants Office Hours (I love the texture of this paper)


Then I pulled a brand new sheet of vellum from the Crate paper Poolside collection from my stash.  It has a great weight and the glittery swiss crosses add something special.
And while I was going to embellish from my stash as it made sense, I did pull a doily and this chipboard pack from the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss Collection.  The bluses, pinks, yellows and golds seemed to work perfectly with the papers I chose. 



And of course, I had a basket of scraps on my desk to use to add layers - and all the other treasures buried in my scrap room.

The first layout I came up with was this soft dreamy layout using an old picture of my oldest son and daughter on the beach.  The design was inspired by a sketch at Citrus Twist Kits.


I love the extra detail the patterned base sheet adds.  And then I saw a grid layout that caught my eye - and you know I love a good grid.  So I made this layout. 

I added some dear lizzy scraps and some labels and other bits, but came up with a layout with a totally different feel. But using the same papers as my starting point meant I put two layouts together in about 3 hours - super fast for me.   And there was less to clean up. 

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your selections, and I love the finished layouts! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete