Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Top and Bottom

Sometimes I feel like my layouts all look alike - either grids or a slightly off-center photo block - or some combination of the 2.  So the current sketch at Stuck! was a great jumping off point for something different.


The sketch placed the design elements at the top and bottom of the page.  I had several false starts before I actually managed to put a layout together.  But it was really perfect for me - different but I still got to play with lots of layers and little bits..


I moved the layers on the top so that they were diagonal from the photo block in the bottom of the page.  It felt more balanced to me.  And the title in my layout ended up (more or less) centered. 

I found that using a sheet of patterned paper with pattern and texture helped make the sketch work for me.  I am definitely white space challenged.

So am I the only one who feels like they are in a design rut?  How do you keep your layouts fresh?

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. What a fun layout. I like the colors and the embellishment. Also the misting on the background is cool. Thank you for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout!! The colours are so fresh and vibrant, and I like how the ink splatters draw your eye down the page towards the photo! So glad that you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch, you really rocked this challenge! Love that you tried something new but still incorporated elements you love like layers and lots of little extras! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did notice this was a different looking sketch for you with Lots of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous collection of goodies and textures! Really love your gold splatters! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete