Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Five Easy Cards

For Studio Calico stamp sale list go here.

More often than not, making cards just frustrates me.  I struggle with the scale and am rarely happy with my end results.  So no one was more surprised than me when I took on the five World Card Making challenges at Studio Calico.  And I had a good time with the challenges - they really helped me focus on specific elements and put together some quick and easy cards. Here's what I came up with.

The first challenge was to use this mood board.

Here's what I came up with.


The second challenge was to incorporate an ombre element.  I used some awesome pink and green ombre washi from Pinkfresh Studio and Amy Tangerine chipboard for this simple card.


The third challenge was to use your scraps.  I used a couple paper scraps, the end of a piece of trim, some Freckled Fawn leaves and a few sequins for this quick thank you card.


The next challenge was to use five of something.  I added five pieces of wood veneer from the Licorice add-on for this fun Halloween card.  I loved adding aqua, a non-traditional color to the mix.


The last challenge was a sketch challenge.  There were several choices, but I chose this one
for this quick card using a Glitz 6x6 card, a strip of washi from the Container Store, some wood veneer and a Fancy Pants tag.


These were so fun and easy I might just be inspired to make some more cards some day soon.  Thanks for looking.  I hope you have a marvelous Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment