Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Guest Designer at Life Paper Scrapbook

Studio Calico Kit Subscription

Use this  link to sign up for a new Studio Calico kit subscription and we will both get 1000 rewards points - that's good for $10 off an add-on!
http://www.studiocalico.com/welcome?ref=f7503d08


I was lucky enough to be given the chance to be a guest designer at Life Paper Scrapbook for the new sketch challenge.  The sketch was really fun and different.  I pulled out my June kits from Studio Calico and got to work.

I decided to cut the arrow shapes from the bold chevron paper from Crate Paper and use a black background to make them pop.  They looked great but were huge.  To compensate for the size of the arrows, I decided to use only one photo with some layering in the bottom corner of the layout  I kept the title at the top of the layout. And when I was finished, my layout didn't look much like the sketch.  But it was a fun Christmas layout - and without any Christmas themed product.  What do you think?


I knew I wanted the title block to be really fun and balance the photo block at the bottom of the page.  So after I attached the letters, I grabbed a handful of the "candi" from the card add-on kit and dropped it on the page.  Then I stuck it down where it fell.  I love the random confetti feel.

I had a great time playing with the sketch and really appreciate the opportunity.  Enjoy your Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Love the candy dots confetti! Just used those for the first time today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the gig, Julie!! love the candy dots on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Julie! I love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! The colors jump off the dark background!

    ReplyDelete