Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chalkboard Paper and Transparent Elements

I love looking at and playing with the new supplies and trends.  Two things that have caught my eye lately are chalkboard paper and transparent elements.  They are both so fun. 

Chalkboard paper can be bought by the sheet -but comes in lots of other fun forms too.  I found shipping tags at the Container Store and great labels in the Martha Stewart line at Staples.  Add some white ink (stamp or pen) and you have a really eye-catching element.  And manufacturers are using chalkboard effects in patterned paper too.

The transparency elements are lots of fun too.  They can be layered over pictures or other elements in your project to add so much depth and interest with little effect.  Basic Grey, Heidi Swapp and Little Yellow Bicycle have had some of my favorites.  Glitz has some great transparent element packs too.

Since both these trends are so fun, I wanted to combine them in one layout.  I started with a sheet of Glitz patterned paper from the Uncharted Water collection that used the chalkboard effect.  I added a 5x7 black and white picture with lots of blank space.  Then I played with the transparent elements, layering them over the blank space in the photo.  I finished the layout off with some spatters from the opaque white Mister Huey's. 


Other embellishments were from Fancy Pants, Cosmo Cricket and Studio Calico.  And the end result was a fun layout capturing one of my daughter's favorite sayings today.










1 comment:

  1. i love this, i so need to try this chalkboard malarky :)

    ReplyDelete