Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Soccer Layout and a Song Title- With a Little Flair

I do tons of soccer layouts.  Sometimes it feels like that is all I do.  So I was especially pleased when a friend told me that they were impressed because my soccer layouts all look unique.  That might be the best scrappy compliment I've ever received.  But it made me think about how I could make my soccer layouts more unique.

So when I had a chance to play this week, I put together this layout with a photograph I had sitting on my desk.


Here are some things I did that made this different from other soccer layouts I've done.

  • I used a bold pattern as my base.  I often start with a subtle pattern, but almost never use a bold pattern as my foundaytion.  The stripes from Fancy Pants  provided a really fun starting point.
  • I limited myself to my scrap pile for the remaining sheets.  That led to an interesting mix of papers.  I even had a scrap of corrugated paper in the pile - who knew that would make a comeback?
  • I played with blue and orange ink to add dimension and accent layers.
  • I mixed base embellishments from my stash and used nothing that had a soccer or sports theme.  I used a vellum tape strip from Basic Grey and other embellishments from Studio Calico.
  • I added a piece of flair from my stash - it added dimension and was a great accent.
  • I avoided a sports themed title and used a song title instead.
  • And I succumbed to my latest obsession and added sequins.  
I'd love to hear the ways you keep layouts fresh.  Thanks for checking in.  I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment