Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sequin Crazy

OK - I'll admit it.  I've gone from being someone who never used anything sparkly to being obsessed with sequins.  They show up on lots of my layouts - I just can't help myself.  They are so much fun to play with.  And this week Chic Tags is enabling my obsessions with bling.  Their Sunday challenge was to use bling on your layout. 

I broke out someStudio Calico from last month's kits and new lines.  Then I added sequins - lots of sequins.  My layout is inspired by one of the challenges in the SC Bright Ideas class - put together a double grid layout.  I placed two "informal grids" in opposite corners of the page (and used some grid patterned papers and project life cards).  I used the sequins to tie the two grids together. 

 s
I also used a non-traditional title treatment.  Instead of a phrase, I placed words (cousins, fun, grapple) around the layout to create movement and connect the two grids.  And I couldn't resist adding enamel dots. 

Do you have an embellishment you are currently obsessed with - one that shows up on all your layouts?  Hope you had a great Tuesday. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the sequin trail, so sweet. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Chic Tags. We love to see our members' work :D

    ReplyDelete