Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crate Paper, The Color Red and Using Texture

Crate Prper is featuring work using their products and the color red this week on their blog.  Red isn't a color that I'm drawn to very often, but I was inspired to check out my stash and see what I could put together.  (I generally don't have a lot of red.)  I was surprised by the number of things I pulled out of my stash that were from CP with the color red.  It turned out to be challenging to narrow down my choices, but I ultimately decided to do a birthday layout that combined some older products with some new Party Day embellishments.

I also wanted to incorporate some of the ideas from the Studio Calico Bright Ideas class.  One of the lessons and challenges was about adding texture to your layout.  The class reminded me that I could add texture without adding lots of bulk and in small ways.


I tried to add texture in several ways.  The textured cardstock used as the base was a great starting point and the different doilies provided contrast and softness.  I also sprinkled sequins diagnonally through the layout - because they catch the light, they add tons of visual interest inexpensively and without a lot of fuss.  Here they resemble confetti.


The vellum bag from the Party Day collection added another texture and the numeric title in super glittery thickers  created a great title on top of the bag.  The hidden journaling and the chipboard candle finished the top cluster of embellishments.

When I think of texture, I also think of dimension.  By folding the corner of the patterned paper over the picture and doily, I added an additional pattern and more dimension to my layout. 


I finished the layout with an embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page where the sequins ended.  I wrapped the die cut with twine,  adding more visual interest.


I'm hoping to have more scrapping time tonight.  Hope you enjoy your Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment