Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Challenges





I've been struggling to get anything done in my scrap room lately - I walk in, look around, and walk out.  So I went exploring to find an online challenge to get me going.  I looked at lots of sketches and eventually found one at the My Scraps and More Sketch blog that provided a starting point for this two page layout.. 

But I still had a hard time.  Then I read a challenge at the Chic Tags blog that gave me a real jump start - limit your layout to 7 products.  Cardstock and adhesive don't count.   And I have to admit that 7 products sounded pretty easy til I got started.  I had no idea how many things I tend to pull together for a single layout.  But I stuck with it and here is what I ended up with.  I have to admit that it doesn't look much like the sketch at this point.

 
 Here are the seven products I used.
  1. Studio Calico Wonderland patterned paper - Jingle
  2. Studio Calico Wonderland patterned paper - Ice Caps
  3. Wide Ombre Washi from Studio Calico Kit
  4. Studio Calico Wonderland Ephemera Pack
  5. Basic Grey Life of the Party Cardstock Alphas
  6. MME Winter Wonderland Enamel Dots
  7. Basic Grey Aspen Frost Element Cardstock Sticker
I used both Creative Memories Tape Runner and Dimensional Glue Dots to put my layout together.   I also added cardstock in red, charcoal and aqua.  And based on the example on the Chic Tags blog, I didn't count my base paper which is from the Creative Memories Rugged Tone on Tone pack.

Hopefully, I'll find more inspiration now that I've gotten started.  I'd love to know how you jumpstart yourself when you are in a slump.  Hope your Tuesday was great!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fun xmas pics. Great job with the 7 items, thanks so much for linking up with us at Chic Tags xo

    ReplyDelete