Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stamping With Wood Veneer



(Second post of the day - home playing so watch out!)

I'm home with a sick child today -who is cuddled up in bed. So I'm taking the gift of found quiet time to experiment in my scrap room (at least til we make that trip to the pediatrician's office).  And I have to admit that I'm having lots of fun!

And since I'm experimenting I decided to play with things that are hard for me - stamping and mr. hueys.  When I try to use Mr. Hueys to color my wood veneer, I always seem to get too much ink on the embellishments - then it takes forever to dry - and I am not patient.  So last weekend, I tried blotting with paper towels.  And I noticed that the wood vener shape created a nice imprint on the paper towel.  (Probably only a surprise to me, but I can be a little slow. 

Then this morning I saw this sketch on the My Scraps and More sketch blog.  And I decided to play.


Here's the end result. 


I used Mr. Hueys in three colors with wood veneer leaves from a yearbook embellishment pack to stamp leaves around the Prima wood veneer branch and across the page (where the sketch shows hexagons.  The "stamps" got added to the layout as embellishments adding a little interest to the stamped images (and camoflauging some of the worst efforts) I buried my title in the leaves and added a quote sticker that's been in my stash for 100 years or so. 

So this may not be something I do on lots of layouts, but the experiment is generally a success - I will probably try this again in the future - and I have an excuse to get more colors of Mr. Huey's.  After all I can use them another way.

3 comments:

  1. Love the leaves! Wonderful page! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete