Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

December Daily

About a month ago, I started to see lots of posts on chat boards and blogs about December Daily albums.  The idea of documenting each day of your holiday celebration intrigued me, but I was reluctant to invest funds in an expensive kit that I wasn't sure I would use.  And I have a huge stash of Christmas supplies which I keep adding to because I am such a fan of those collections.  But I have to admit I ws relieved when kitss tarted to sell out, removing the temptation.

I finally decided to do my own DD kit using supplies in my stash (both old and newly acquired).  This way I will have minimal investment in the project if I don't really do it.  But editing my supplies to put together a cohesive project is key.  So I decided to really approach it like I was putting together a kit.

First I pulled some cardstock to establish a color scheme.


I chose a dark green, a light green, gray, aqua/turquoise, red and a buttery yellow.

Then I chose my patterned papers.  Editing is not my strong point so I ended up with a bunch.


Here are my choices:
  • Carta Bella Beautiful Moments Damask (B side)
  • MME Winter Wonderland Stripes
  • Studio Calico Yearbook Most Likely (B side)
  • MME Winter Wonderland Christmas Trees
  • AC Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go Globe Trotter (B side)
  • Studio Calico Chevron (I think this is from a kit) (B side)
  • Canvas Corp Green and Ivory Ribbon Stripe
  • Crate paper Little Boy Blue Leo
  • Basic Grey Exclusive Red and White PP from SC Sock Hop Kit
  • AC Dear Lizzy Christmas Carols and Cards
  • Blue and White Checked From Michaels Paper Stack (I think)
  • Anna Griffin (red with large white glittered snowflakes)
  • Basic Grey Jovial Blizzard
  • Bella Blvd Winter Wonder Icy
  • Lily Bee Christmas Cheer Christmas Wreath
  • Lily Bee Christmas Cheer Peppermint
  • Fancy Pants St. Nick Garland
  • Crate Paper Peppermint Collection Present
  • MME Indie Chic Citron Grow (B Side)
  • 7 Gypsies Postale Collection Priority
  • Crate Paper Peppermint Collection Embellish
  • Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Taffeta
  • Me & My Big Ideas Snowflake Print with silver accents
  • Basic Grey Fact and Fiction Blue Diamond Grid
  • MME Winter Wonderland Presents
  • Basic Grey Exclusive for SC Sock Hop kit - B side with red number pattern
  • MME Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks Love Wood Grain
I will be posting about my choices for alphas, embellishments and my progress (if I really put this together between now and Christmas.

I'd love to know how you are scrapping your holiday - did you invest in a kit or are you doing your own thing?
Now I'm off to the District All-Star game to watch Nicholas play.  I'm thrilled that we are having a gorgeous weekend.  Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Great papers! I have wanted to do a December Daily for years now but can never get myself motivated. I like your idea of pulling everything together before hand. I certainly have plenty to use without investing in a kit. What size are you planning on making your album?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eneded up with a 6x6album. I don't ever work with something that small, but I was afraid it would get too elaborate if I chose a bigger size.

      Delete