Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Last First Day

One of my favorite days every fall is the first day of school.  The kids are always excited about seeing their friends, the new school supplies, and meeting their teacher. It's great to think that each year brings a fresh start.  But this year the first day of school was bittersweet.  Nicholas is a senior, so it was his last "first day."  (and that is seems impossible since I still remember crying on his first "first day" when he couldn't wait to say good-bye and get in the classroom.

This layout is for his senior album


The bright colors capture the optimism that comes with the first day of school.  I cut the pennants across the bottom of the page with the Creative Memories Border Maker at a Croptoberfest crop on Saturday.  And I got to use some of my favorite products from the new Studio Calico kits - the wide washi and enamel dots.


And I got to play with layering in this cluster of memorabilia and embellishments - the school logo is from the front of a thank you note from Nicholas about the opportunities at his school.  (I saved the note itself for another layout.)


I submitted this layout for last week's Wednesday Word challenge at My Scraps and More - they were looking for layouts that featured the days of the week, and I satisfied the challenge with both the shipping tag and the great Amy Tangerine paper.

Today is Columbus Day.  The kids have school but I don't have to go to work.  I have nothing planned but scrapping and napping.  It sounds like a perfect day after the crazy fall we've had so far.  Hope you have a great Monday too!

2 comments:

  1. Great LO, and just like a mom to remember their first day of school while scrapping their last day! Ahhh....the good memories! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I need to do this for my dd!

    ReplyDelete