Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Play Time!

I'm playing today - just trying things for me.  No real purpose behind the projects I'm doing.  It might be challenges that catch my eye or a project or technique i want to try.  Don't know how long I'll keep at, but I think I'll add quick posts to share my work as I go. 


Stephanie Howell is hosting a just for fun crop today and her tag challenge is the first thing that caught my eye.  Any tag works - but needed a stamped image.  Since I've only recently started experimenting with stamps in my projects, it seemed like a perfect play project.

Here's my tag (for my daughter Elisabeth).


Simple rows of tape created the foundation for my project.  But I did come up with a tip.  I have a fair amount of BG paper lace in my stash and often find it to ornate or too wide for what I want to do.  For this tag, I deconstructed the green paper lace.  Both the top and bottom rows are from the same piece of paper lace.  I threw out the middle section but ended up with a unifying color/texture around my rows of tape. 

Hope you get to play today too!

4 comments: