Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

God Jul!

When Elisabeth and Nicholas went back to school on Monday, it played havoc with my schedule.  My early mornings and evenings seem much busier.  As a result, I didn't get any blog posts up this week.  Hopefully things are going to settle into a routine soon!

Last Friday I went to a crop, but put together several layouts using sketches from Stuck?! But I needed to add journaling and that didn't happen til yesterday.  Today I'm sharing a Christmas layout from that crop.   I used the August 15 sketch as a starting point for this layout title "God Jul."

When doing holiday layouts (and everyday layouts) family traditions can provide a great source of inspiration.  The title is the Swedish translation of Merry Christmas and recognizes the impact our family connections to Sweden have had on our holiday traditions and decorations.  (When you are titling layouts, phrases that are common in your family make fun titles that will be especially meaningful to your audience.)


 This BG paper had a Scandinavian feel and so did the Martha Stewart letters.  It made a perfect layout to use the title connecting to my Swedish ancestors.  Because the paper and title had such impact, I only needed simple embellishments.

This tree is an old piece of LYB chipboard.  My husband suggested adding the "ornaments" and it really finished off the look.
The other embellishments are simple clusters of paperstock shapes I cut with the cricut.  The birds came on the same embellishment sheet as the letters.
Tomorrow the September edition of 30 in 30 starts.  I can't wait.  Hope you have a great Friday!




2 comments:

  1. Great layout pages! The tree is darling with the added "ornaments"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree embellies. Very pretty Christmas page. I always find those challenging!
    Interesting to hear about family connections with Sweden.
    God Jul even if there are some months left ;-)

    ReplyDelete