Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home

I grew up in Ashtabula, Ohio right on the shores of Lake Erie.  For me, pictures of the water make me think of home faster than anything.  This layout focuses on a picture of  the Ashtabula Harbor.

I printed this picture from earlier this summer in black and white and was immediately struck by the timelessness of the image.  It could have been a picture of the harbor today, when I was a child or years before that.  That sense of timelessness in combination with Creative Scrappers Sketch 217 inspired this layout. 

I started with the B side of a paper from the LYB Paradise line and added some old MME and Creative Memories papers in my stash to create the soft color palette.  I added some Colorbok embellishments I picked up at JoAnns on the spur of the moment and a Freckled Fawn square doily.  A strip of washi tape across the top finished the layout.  I like that the layout has that vintage feel that plays on the sense that the photo could be from days gone by.




No comments:

Post a Comment