Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Focus On The Positive

Like most parents (I think), I love my kids more than I ever thought possible, but they frustrate me on a daily basis.  They don't put away their laundry or put their dishes in the dishwasher or manage their spending money or find a job or do their homework or make the most responsible choices as they find their way as "adults."  The frustration can get in the way of the bigger picture - and then something happens that reminds you of the bigger picture.

My mother called tonight and told me about a friend of hers.  Her friend's son was supposed to graduate from high school today, but last night he was in an accident.  Three of his friends (also supposed to graduate today) who were in the car died and he is "alive" but without brain activity.  Nothing like a hard dose of reality to focus me on what is important.  I love my sons - even when they drive me crazy and my life is richer for having them. 

About a week ago, I shared a layout about being a mom that focused on my relationship with my daughter.  My relationship with my sons is every bit as important to me.  I did this layout for the Nook NSD challenge about leading men.


They are every bit as important to me as my daughter and really are leading men in my life.

1 comment: