Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Time For Me

As the end of the school year approaches, Nicholas and Elisabeth are talking more and more about summer vacation -- and how great it will be to be out of school and hanging out at home.  And I get it - it sounds pretty good to me too! 

But sometimes I like to be home alone - to just play in my scrap room, read, nap . . . . . .Summer vacation means I almost certainly won't be home alone again for a whole day til school starts in August.  So years ago, I began taking a pre-summer vacation vacation.  I take a few days off just before school's out and give myself permission to do as little or as much as I feel like for the whole time. 

Yesterday was the first day of this year's pre-vacation.  I did some errands and some laundry, but I also read a trashy romance novel, took a nap and finished this layout.



Its a fun mix of creative memories, making memories, and jillibean soup (among other products).  I'm submitting it for the current got sketch challenge too.

Today I have an appointment for a mani/pedi and am visiting a relatively new local scrapbook store - Creative Chaos in Circleville, Ohio.  They had a table at a benefit crop I went to in March and had great stuff and were showing great ideas, so I'm really excited to check it out.

1 comment: