Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Santa Delivers



I've been really unproductive this week and just finished my first layout since the Nook NSD crop ended.  It was based on the April sketch challenge on the Nook forum.  Here is the sketch that I started with.

I wanted to make a two page layout from the sketch since I needed to get back to work on Nicholas's high school albums.  The layout I put together is from Christmas morning.  Nicholas got the IPhone 4 he had identified as his most wanted item and seemed pretty surprised by the gift.  Since he doesn't ask for much "stuff" (unlike his siblings), it was really fun to see him get something he really wanted and be so excited by it. 

Here's the layout I came up with.


 I layered washi tape on the top and in the bottom corner - its one of my new most favorite things to use.  Its so easy to use and comes in so many colors and patterns - its really addictive! I also used a paper edger around the light blue whitewash coredinations paper.  It added tons of depth and texture to the layout (though it doesn't really show in the photograph.

Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend.  Stehen came home from college for the weekend, so all my babies will be around.  I think we're going to have a quiet laid back celebration - maybe with lots of time for me to play with paper.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely double page layout! I love double pagers! Love how you used the washi tape... that is one of my fave things to use too at the moment! Great work!

    ReplyDelete