Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Quiet Summer Days

I got my first washi tape today and couldn't wait to play with it.  I couldn't believe how fast and easy it was to play with.  I suspect I will quickly be as addicted as so many others are.  I am already thinking about what colors/patterns I want to get next.

For the layout, I first misted a piece of craft paper with shades of blue and green.  Some of them had a sparkle and some didn't.  The paper looked really great, but I don't think the photograph caught the shimmer.  Here's what the paper looked like before I started my layout.



For my layout I turned the paper so the green was at the bottom and the blue was at the top.  Then I divided a heidi swapp pennant border into two pieces to layer in the top quarter.  I randomly added strips of washi tape down the side and used some old basic grey letters for the title.  I mounted the photo on layered paper and doilies (I love the square ones!).  A Basic Grey metal flower at the top and some Creative Memories tags and a random chipboard piece finished it off.  Its much brighter than my layouts are usually, but I think its really fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment