Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Title Pages

My scrapping time is pretty limited and is rarely in large blocks of time.  I've developed a process to make the most of it.  When I start an album, I print the pictures for at least half the pages in the album.  After sorting the pictures into groups by topic, I go through my stash for paper I want to use for each layout.  Sometimes I pick key embellishments at this point too.

The next step is to come up with titles and cut anything I know I need with the cricut.  (At a minimum, this is the page titles.)  Sometimes I pick other inspirational items.  At the end of the process, I have a 12x12 folder or envelope with the main elements for a layout.

This really helps me make the most of my scrapping time later on, but is not the fun part of the process.  I've been focused for the last week on preparation for an album for my son's Junior year in high school and am really tired of the planning work.  The first page in the album is always the title page, so I took a break to put together the title page.  Here's what I came up with.



The Most of  the paper and embellishments are all from Creative Memories.  The tape and background paper are from the new Enchanted power palette.  Its one of my all time favorites with a great color scheme and lots of embossed and glazed papers.  The tape with the pattern cut into it was really fun to use.  The three little green dots are the inside of the pattern cut into the tape.

I also took a few minutes to look at other title pages I've done (relatively) recently.  Here are a couple that caught my eye this morning.

Stephen's junior album:



Elisabeth's 2d grade album


Elisabeth's 4th grade album



Now back to the planning and organizing so I can get to the fun stuff . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea plan! Love the end results! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog for the My Scraps & More Blog Hop! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete