Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Retail Therapy

Life has been really exciting here this week.  On Monday my 17 year old son broke his leg.  On Tuesday my 12 year old daughter topped off a year of monthly illnesses by passing out.  (Now the doctors are runninga bunch of tests to see if they can figure out if something serious is going on.)   Work is crazy, the taxes are due and my mother is coming to visit this weekend.  Talk about stress!

So last night after work I invested in a little retail therapy.  Most of the local scrapbook stores in my area have closed, but Archivers was having a one day sale - 43% of all embellishments.  With one exception, I focused on items on sale and didn't even let myself look at paper.  I got some fun buttons, some new twin, some prima flowers, and some miscellaneous other things that caught my eye.

I did invest in some glimmer mist.  I'd been wanting to play with it and thought a brand new supply might be the perfect distraction from the craziness in my life right now.  And I had a30% of coupon.  I got a template also.  And some of the wood and canvas items for the mist were included in the sale.  So now I'm ready to experiment.  Any tips?

 In the meantime I wanted to share one of the layouts I've completed recently.  This layout from a family gathering in the summer focuses on a relaxed day with loved ones, just the kind of thing I want to focus on today.  It uses a mix of Basic Grey, LYB, Coredinations, and some other scraps I had laying around.  (Sorry the picture is so blurry - didn't look that way on my computer.)




No comments:

Post a Comment